Superscript and subscript block in unicode

Did you know you can use unicode to write proper chemical symbols on social media? You can. But it's not always easy to type them and I'm bad at memorization, so I made this handy list to copy and paste from. 

Is there another way to do this? Probably, but this seems to be the simplest, especially for superscript 1, superscript 2, and superscript 3. These are the ones I use most writing about chemistry. If you find this and find it handy and want me to add something, just let me know.

Superscripts 

0    ¹ 1    ² 2    ³ 3    ⁴ 4    ⁵ 5    ⁶ 6    ⁷ 7    ⁸ 8    ⁹ 9

⁺ +    ⁻ -    ⁿ n    ⁽ (    ⁾ ) 

¹    ⁺²    °

Subscripts 

₀ 0    ₁ 1    ₂ 2    ₃ 3    ₄ 4    ₅ 5    ₆ 6    ₇ 7    ₈ 8    ₉ 9

₊ +    ₋ -    ₌ =    ₍ (    ₎ )    ₙ n

 Other

Em dash

En dash  

CH     CO     N      HO

Popular Posts